Logan and Eli were resting in my room one afternoon. When I left the room, this is what it looked like.
Eli on one side of the room.
When I came to check on them an hour later, this is what I saw.
Eli was still awake, staring at Logan as he "read" him a book.
I asked Logan how the pack and play moved all the way over to the bed. Without hesitation, he said, "The wind blew it." I couldn't help but giggle. With Logan, I'm still trying to find that fine line between imagination and flat out lying. He's a tricky little guy.
Emma Jane finds other ways to amuse herself during rest time. She listens to music and writes or draws. Today, she emerged proudly with something she had made for me. It was an old ledger pad that she converted into a workbook for me to do. She wanted me to be well-rounded, so she incorporated math, science and art.
The first page, a counting exercise, said, "Ad dots".
The second page featured a flower. The instructions said, "Colr the flawr".
The last page showed a girl with body parts labeled. There were lines identifying "hans" [hands], "her" [hair] and "pats" [pants].
I enjoy my quiet time in the afternoons, but I'm also thankful for these funny little interruptions.

3 comments:
so cute. I miss Logan.
Well, Mom you do live in the windy city. Ga Ga has to help her boy out. :)
I love that Eli was listening to Logan "read". How cute!
Post a Comment