Well today is the day.
There was quite a commotion during breakfast this morning. I looked out our living room window, and this is what I saw.
It's a carousel. That's right, a carousel is right outside our front door. It caused quite a disruption to our home schooling time this morning, but you can't really blame the kids. They've spent much of the day reporting to me the progress on the construction of all the carnival rides.
Seeing as the festival doesn't actually start until Friday, then continues through 9 pm Sunday, I think that will be the theme of the week.
Of course we'll have to go to the festival. I normally hate those kinds of things. It would be cruel to allow the kids to watch all the festivities from their bedroom windows yet not participate. I guess we'll be raiding the laundry jar (we have coin laundry in the basement) and heading to the festival on Friday.
I'll let you know how it goes. Surely it will be an interesting week. It's not often that the carnival comes to you.

2 comments:
that is awesome!! and i love your new blog background, i may have to get that one!
So much fun!
Post a Comment