I knew that living in Chicago would be vastly different from living in Lexington. Here is what I've discovered.
In Chicago...
*Bicyclists don't have to follow traffic rules. They can run stop signs and red lights as well as drive the opposite direction on a one-way street. Bicyclists have no fear.
*The postal service doesn't pick up your mail from your house.
*A family of six is a large family, not the norm.
*It's okay to bump another car when parking.
* At times I would rather walk somewhere than give up a really good parking space.
*Gelato is even better than ice cream.
*I like living in a smaller space. Less space=Less cleaning
*It's quiet at night.
*Walking is more relaxing than driving.
Most surprising of all, I like urban living! I've traded in some conveniences for adventure. I just wish I could bring old friends and family here to experience it with me.
So when are you coming to visit?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So much fun! Glad you are settling in. Hopefully we can get up there in October. Is that weekend good?
Post a Comment