Monday, August 23, 2010

To the Zoo

Over the weekend we visited the Brookfield Zoo. Despite the scorching 90 degree temperature, it was fun for all.








Derrick took lots of pictures of the animals and the family with his newest camera lens.






















I thought it was kind of tacky that you could purchase a bison burger adjacent to the bison viewing area. So much for the zoo's emphasis on conservation. I bet the burgers were fresh though.
The kids were introduced to push-pops. You can tell that Lane wasn't quite sure what to do with his.






































It was at this point that things started to fall apart. Here we are posing in front of the zoo sign just before we started the long walk back to the car.


Everyone was hot and tired, so by the time we actually got to the car, this picture best describes the mood.


That's okay. I've decided that crying, even from multiple kids simultaneously, does not mean that an event was a failure. Tears are just a part of life when you have little children. It was a fun day and and a sweet memory at the zoo. That's what I'll be remembering.

















No comments: